I have always been the emotional one in the family, and for years I thought there was something wrong with me.
I was a sensitive child, and I realised from a young age I had a special kind of love and connection with people, animals, and nature. I loved deeply and I hurt even deeper. Being called ‘too sensitive” and often made fun of when I would cry for sad movies or seeing an animal or person in pain. These scenes would haunt me for days and my mother would keep me out of school when I felt this way.
As I worked through my traumas and emotions during my studies to become a Transformation Coach, I was told that I had to grow a thicker skin if I wanted to help my clients in a professional way. I struggled with the idea that I had to block out the deep intense emotion I felt for every story, trauma, event that they shared with me. The tears would roll down my face, and I would feel their deep pain and sadness – almost as if I experienced the events myself. After these sessions with my clients, I would feel emotionally and physically drained, with no energy left in my body.
It was only after doing some in-depth research and discovering the work of Anita Moorjani and Dr Judith Orloff, that I realised – my sensitivity, my intuition, my deep connection with animals and nature had a name – EMPATH. Now, being labeled Bipolar, I am the last one that will label a person, because putting someone in a box and sticking a label on them, means taking away their freedom and respect, but having a name for the way that I feel and behave, is giving me the freedom to become the person, healer and intuitive coach that I was meant to be.
I am no longer afraid of my emotions, thoughts, sensitivity and intuitive nature. I believe it gives me the advantage of having a deep connection with my client and their emotions and helps me to guide them with the necessary sensitivity and support they need to heal. My journey has also given me some valuable tools and skills to protect myself and my energy when I have sessions with my clients.
If you can relate to what I have just shared with you, it is possible that you are an Empath!
Please feel free to answer the questions below and score yourself on the number of YES answers:
1. Do your friends, family, colleagues call you “overly sensitive”?
2. Does loud noise, yelling, arguments make you feel anxious or even emotional?
3. Do you constantly feel that you do not fit in with the crowd and socially awkward?
4. Do you easily get anxious and overwhelmed?
5. You fear hurting other people’s feelings and cannot say NO easily, you would rather inconvenience yourself than disappoint someone?
6. Are you absorbing other people’s feelings, emotions, stress – even feeling it before they do?
7. Do you prefer spending time in nature to calm and re-energise yourself?
8. Does the idea of multitasking and spending your energy on various tasks at once overwhelm you – and do you prefer doing one task at a time?
9. Do you get startled easily?
10. You are attracted to holistic, healing therapies and arts.
11. Does large groups, noise and gatherings make you feel irritated and overwhelmed?
12. Do you need a long time to isolate after spending time with challenging people and energy vampires?
13. Do you prefer one-on-one interactions to really connect with someone, above large groups of people?
14. You find it very difficult to receive compliments, gifts, services, or kindness from others, and you immediately feel you have to repay them.
15. You are easily manipulated and exploited by others.
16. Do you have a very strong intuition and can feel and sense when someone is not honest or hiding something from you?
17. Do you have a low pain threshold?
18. Do you socially isolate and get labelled a “hermit” by some close friends?
19. Do you prefer living in small country towns than large busy cities?
20. You have a deep connection with animals, and they are easily drawn to you?
Score between 1 – 5:
You have some empathic leanings, and sometimes find it difficult to set boundaries, but overall, you are good at protecting your own energy and emotions. You are comfortable spending time on your own or in crowds, but you can feel drained and tired when you spend too much time in busy malls or overcrowded places.
Score 6 – 12:
You have a good intuition and can read people easily. You enjoy spending time on your own and in nature where you feel calm and energised. You are overall very good at protecting your aura but you have a problem with setting boundaries and saying no to people, which can sometimes lead to them taking advantage of your good nature. Emotional setbacks like the loss of a loved one, a failed relationship or trauma may cause you to experience long-term emotional exhaustion and suffering if do not take care of yourself and learn to let go of them.
Score 13 – 20:
You are a sensitive and intuitive Empath who connects with people and animals on a very deep level. You have a great love and appreciation for the healing power of nature and find peace, calmness, and restoration spending time on your own in a forest, next to the ocean or a river. People may find you overly sensitive and sometimes odd in your ways, but in the same sense very loyal and accommodating. You might find it very difficult to say no to people and therefore are easily manipulated and exploited. Your greatest challenge is to start loving yourself first and recognise the importance of protecting your energy and emotions from people with strong and overwhelming personalities. Traumatic events and setbacks can have a major negative impact on your emotional state and might cause burnout, depression and anxiety, as you struggle to put your own needs first.
The world needs more Empaths to step into their Empath superpowers and become the magnificent being they were meant to be. It could be very beneficial to start working with me as your guide, coach and partner to assist you in the following:
• Loving yourself unconditionally.
• Setting Boundaries and learning to say NO.
• Expressing your feelings to others.
• Protecting your energy from the emotions of the world and people around you.
• As empaths we easily form limiting beliefs around relationships, money, health, careers, etc. Letting go of your limiting beliefs and creating new healthy and empowering beliefs can be a game-changer for you.
• Overcoming past traumas and emotional events that keep you feeling stuck and re-living them over and over. • Controlling your emotions, and not letting your emotions control you.
• Using your superpowers – sensitivity, empathy, intuition – to take control and create the amazing life that you deserve.
If you are interested in booking your first FREE online coaching session with me, please click on the link below.